Before filling out the AHISD bus contract, please note the following Bus Rules:
- Students must stay seated (in assigned seats for elementary) and facing forward when the bus is not in park.
- Students must keep all parts of the body and all possessions to themselves and inside the bus.
- No swearing or rude language including any type of bullying will be tolerated.
- Students will be required to maintain a reasonable noise level.
- No eating or drinking (with the exception of water) will be allowed on the bus.
Students and Parents should also view our video of how to apply the bus rules -
Get Real on the bus - Elementary
Get real on the bus - Secondary
The rules on the bus are for everyone's safety. Please make sure your children know the rules and the possible consequences of not following the rules. Since it is a privilege, not a right, to ride the bus, students that do not comply with the rules will face disciplinary actions up to termination of bus services.
A bus contract must be filled out online in order for your child to ride the bus.
You should have your child outside at your assigned bus stop, ready to board the bus, at least 5 minutes prior to your scheduled stop time. If you are unsure of your stop time please see our Bus Routes page.
For the safety of all the children and because of limited space on our buses, we are no longer allowing children to ride other buses home with friends.
- Please be advised that for safety measures, there are cameras on all of the buses and the children are being video and audio recorded.
All students riding the late bus must be staying after to participate in academic and extra curricular activities. Students not participating in school sponsored activities will not be allowed to stay after and ride the bus.
School buses are rated by manufacturers to have a capacity based on three riders per seat (about 72 students per bus). AHISD has continuously endeavored to keep ridership at 48 students per bus at all levels. While this is our goal, there may be times when ridership exceeds this number. However, ridership will never be allowed to exceed the manufacturer's rated maximum carrying capacity.