To request a bus for a field trip:
- Go to Eduphoria
- Click on Formspace
- On the bottom left select "submit new form"
- Then select the "Transportation" icon and fill out required info
Please note when filling out the form:
The following will help to ensure a smooth trip:
- All trip requests must be completed AT LEAST two weeks in advance for yellow buses, and up to a year in advance for charter buses.
- "Destination" should include the name and address of where you are going.
- "Depart time" is the time you want to leave your campus. The buses will be in place 15 minutes prior to this time for loading of children and equipment.
- "Return time" is the time you anticipate being back at your campus. You should allow time for loading and headcounts.
- "Number of people" should include whether you need a Sped bus and if there are wheelchairs.
- "Pick up location" is the place at your campus where you would like the buses staged.
- "Budget code" will be filled in by your campus secretary.
- Under "Special Information" feel free to include any additional information that might be helpful to Transportation. This is also where you would request a specific driver if you'd like.
- The legal speed limit of school buses is 50 mph so you should allow extra time for travel.
- The noise level on the bus should be a 1 or 2 at ALL times on the bus. This will let the driver hear any EMS/Fire/Police sirens, trains, horns, etc, as well as allow them to concentrate and communicate with you if needed.
- Water is the only beverage and food is never allowed on the bus with the exception of sports teams going to games/meets. Please encourage students to appropriately dispose of any trash.
- The driver is the only person trained to use any and all bus equipment including the back door, windows or emergency exits. No students should ever attempt to operate any of these unless it is an emergency and the driver is unavailable to assist.
- If you have a specific route you would like to take, please inform the driver before hand so they can plan accordingly and make sure that it is a safe route for a school bus.