|INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING? |
We will be taking adult volunteers to mentor AHISD students for the school year
Click here to volunteer to mentor a student
|OUR MISSION: |
Our mission is to empower individuals by establishing quality relationships between student and mentor for the purpose of promoting stability, support, friendship and community.
Alamo Heights ISD seeks to involve our community in our district wide mentoring initiative. We seek individuals, businesses, and organizations to serve as possible mentors in our schools. This site provides information about possible next steps in mentor collaboration with one of the schools in our district. We realize mentoring a young person is a big commitment. However, it can also be an incredibly mutually rewarding experience beneficial for all involved.
Mentors are asked to follow the three Cs:
- Commitment: Can you commit to foster a healthy relationship with your mentee throughout an academic school year?
- Care: Can you provide a caring rapport with your mentee?
- Consistency: Follow campus parameters on mentor times and visits.
We're asking you to use your talents, your experience and your strengths to inspire and engage students. Thirty minutes of your week can make a difference in the life of one student.
|OUR SCHOOLS: |
- Howard Early Childhood Center (4-6 years old)
- Cambridge Elementary (7-11 years old)
- Woodridge Elementary (7-11 years old)
- Alamo Heights Junior School (12-14 years old)
- Alamo Heights High School (14-18 years old)
- Robbins Academy (15-18 years old)