DRUGS & ALCOHOL
Parenting with courage, compassion & empathy
Presented by Michelli Ramon, LCSW, CDW-F, AHISD Wellness Coordinator
Tuesday, May 3rd Michelli Ramon will present an overview of the AHISD approach to drug and alcohol use and the data we’ve collected about why our students use them. The conversation will include the following:
- The latest data on substance abuse in AHISD and the U.S.
- AHISD’s approach to substance abuse, addiction & recovery.
- Is experimentation inevitable?
- Is everyone doing it?
- What’s fueling the problem?
- Having the drug talk with your kids.
- Preparing your teen for the pressures of college drinking.
- How do I know if my child has a problem?
- Intervention & treatment that works.
- Responding to your child with courage, compassion and empathy when drugs and alcohol are involved.
Who Should Attend?
Parents are encouraged to attend with or without their children. This presentation is appropriate for moms and dads with children of any age. Please forward this announcement to friends and family outside our district. We welcome anyone who is in need of this type of education and fellowship.
Tuesday, May 3, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Alamo Heights High School Oaks Multipurpose Room
6900 Broadway, San Antonio, TX 78209
For more information, contact Michelli Ramon, AHISD Wellness Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-824-2483
Childcare will not be provided.
Our deepest gratitude to Rise Recovery for the continued support of our students and their families. Find help at www.riserecovery.org.
Breaking the Silence 2016
The Wellness Program, along with a ton of other cool things, is funded by the Alamo Heights School Foundation.