If you are currently living closer than 2 miles from the school your child attends and do
not currently qualify for bus service we have a wonderful program for you!
What you need to know:
- New registration and payments will be accepted beginning August 1st, 2016
- Bus service program begins August 22, 2016
- Availability is first come, first served
- For children on free/reduced lunch there is no cost
- If you do not qualify for free/reduced lunch, cost will be $200.00/school year/student
- Refunds will only be given within two weeks of signing up
- Bus contract must be filled out and submitted before ridership can begin
- Tuition must be renewed every school year
- Anyone living outside of 2 miles is still free to ride
- Anyone using the late bus service is still free to ride– runs at Elementary schools at
4:40 pm; Junior School 5:00 pm; and High School 5:10 pm
Q. How do I find out the bus stops and times for my address?
A. You are welcome to call Transportation and we will give you an estimated time and stop. The final bus information is relayed to parents by phone the week before school starts. Please keep in mind that we have children added to the routes all year so the times/stops are always subject to change.
Q. Who do I pay for this service?
A. You will make checks payable to AHISD and deliver or mail to the transportation office – 175 Rittiman Rd., San Antonio, TX 78209
Q. Where do I find the bus contract?
Q. I don’t have internet access. What should I do?
A. If you do not have internet access please go to your child's campus for assistance.
Q. What if I cannot afford the tuition cost?
A. If your child is already signed up for free/reduced lunch or you sign them up now, they can ride at no cost. Proof of participation in the free/reduced lunch program will be required from Food Service. You will need to contact Transportation to begin the verification process.
Q. Where does the bus stop?
A. There will be cluster stops near the existing bus routes. If your stop is not close to an existing bus route, a stop will be added for you.
Q. What does first come first serve mean?
A. Our buses have a certain number of seats currently available. Whoever applies for one of those seats first whether a tuition rider or a free/reduced lunch rider will be given the seat. Once those seats are taken you would then be put on a waiting list until a seat becomes available.
Q. What do I do if I want my child to be a tuition rider next school year?
A. For next school year the Transportation department will begin signing kids up that are tuition or free/reduced lunch riders on August 1st, 2016. The non-refundable fee will be $200.00 for the year if you don’t qualify for free/reduced lunch. Every year the enrollment and waiting list starts over.