2015-2016 TLA Participants
The Teacher Leadership Academy focuses on leadership based competencies to provide emerging leaders within our district with the support and skills in developing and strengthening effective leadership skills. The Academy is designed for teachers who plan to remain in the classroom and serve their campus in leadership roles or those who transition into the practice as a campus administrator.
- Serves as a training opportunity to move participants beyond teacher to instructional leader
- Incorporates reflective practice to promote professional growth
- Provides interactive scenarios, vignettes, and/or case studies to stimulate dialogue, discussion and reflection
- Designed and aligned with PDAS Domain V, Professional Communication and VI Professional Development
- Aligned with 2015 New Teacher Standards Domain 6: Professional Practice Responsibilities
- Led through partnership of ESC20 full-time support administrative specialist as well as AHISD administrative liaison
- Six ½ day sessions offered on AHISD site
Criteria for Selection:
- Nomination by campus principal
- Introduction: Understanding Teacher Leadership and Assessing Your Readiness as a Teacher Leader
- Building and Sustaining a Teacher Leadership Culture
- Courageous Moves, Practices and Conversations in a Cautions Profession
- Effective Communication & The Power of Coaching
- Opportunities Abound as a Teacher Leader
- Leading Effective Professional Learning Communities
- Teambonding to Teambuilding 101
- Supporting and Enriching New Teachers and Struggling Teachers
- Where Do I Stand as a Teacher Leader and Where Do I Go From Here?
Courses will be supported by Awakening the Sleeping Giant, Third Edition by Marilyn Katzenmeyer, Gayle Moller as well as research by Roland S. Barth.
- Participation in academy sessions offered in ½ days onsite at AHISD schools
- Maintain reflective journals through Edmodo
- Keep up with TLA readings, as assigned
Notify your campus principal of your interest to participate in our Teacher Leadership Academy by May 20, 2016. Feel free to contact Dr. Bashara at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions prior to that date.
2016-2017 | YEAR 3 COHORT:
|Wednesday, August 10, 2016
|Tuesday, September 20, 2016***
|Wednesday, November 9, 2016
|Tuesday, January 24, 2017***
|Tuesday, March 21, 2017
|Wednesday, May 17, 2017***
***Denotes lunch will be provided.
Note: Meetings will be held in the Technology Professional Development Lab at the High School with the exception of Wednesday August 10, 2016. This meeting will be held in the High School Oaks.